The countdown to the end of the XP support Era is on however it’s estimated that around 500 million users are still running Windows XP. Also around 50% of businesses worldwide still run XP. Here are 7 of the top reasons it’s time to finally give up Windows XP now.
- Tons Of Viruses. There is a huge library of viruses aimed at Windows XP and limited antivirus support still available. Security experts expect it to get worse once Micrsooft stops making patches available.
- XP Is OLD (almost 12 years old!). The 1st iPod was released the same year as Windows XP. In a world where the 5th iPhone has been released, no one should be left using an O/S that pre-dates the 1st iPod!
- Least Secure Operating System (By Far!). ALL other platforms, including Linux, all versions of Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are more secure than XP by a huge margin. Windows Vista is actually a far safer option (scary!).
- Built For A Simpler Time. XP was created for a simpler world of technology. It was formatted to fit to a screen only 640 pixels wide, and it showcased IE6 as a new product. The internet was a different place when XP was developed. Smartphones were non-existent, laptops were a luxury and tablet computers were science fiction.
- No More Band-Aids. Only so many band-aid fixes on top of each other can be effective.
- Support Is Ending. Mainstream support of XP ended 4 years ago (April 2009) with only critical security updates since then. And those end April 8, 2014
- Malware Everywhere. You can continue to use XP, but with more malware than ever, XP is by far the most vulnerable platform to connect to the internet.
XP is a relic from a different world. After April 8, 2014 it REALLY will be “Use at your own risk”.